Barn Bash

Amanda is taking horse-riding lessons so that she can be a cowgirl when she grows up. So, of course she also wants a horse party for her 8th birthday.

Photo from Kara's Party Ideas: https://karaspartyideas.com/2016/07/glam-barnyard-birthday-bash.html
 The urban horse ranch where she takes lessons is about 5 minutes away from our house. I've taken inspiration from the photo of a Barn Bash above, and I'm putting together a couple of fun ideas:

Animals in Hats - I tracked down the plastic animals from Schleich on Amazon. They are wearing handmade polka-dot paper party hats that I could make from this paper and these mini pom-poms. I'm sure that a little dab of hot glue or tacky glue could work. I love the idea of placing them as cake-toppers on a 6" baby cake, as wells as scattering them around the tables. Too cute.

https://www.fun365.orientaltrading.com/project/pink-cowgirl-party-favor-idea
Bandana Goody Bags - Oriental trading company has branched out and is blogging about party ideas. I bookmarked this idea for Pink Cowgirl Favors. We're having both boys and girls at our party, so I changed the bandanas to these pink, red and blue ones. I'm forgoing the mason jars but keeping the sheriff badges, tying them with jute cording, and securing the favors in clear cellophane bags. I'm trying to avoid too many cheap toys or candy, and these flocked horses have good reviews.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/470830148/personalized-horse-name-stamp-girls?show_sold_out_detail=1
Horsey Classroom Favors - Amanda wants to give goody bags to her class... of 32 students. That gets expensive pretty quickly, so we'll be putting together these little favor cards instead. Each white card will have a purple stamp (see above) and a horse finger puppet hot glued on. It's like we're already making her business cards for her future cowgirl enterprise...

The rest of the details I'd like to keep fairly simple. We're going to a horse-riding lesson this morning, so I can take some measurements of the party area. I know that I'd like to hang up some bunting instead of balloons. Also, Amanda really liked this paper bag craft and I like to give the kids something they can do while sitting down.