This is April... 2022

 We are going on six summers back in our 1952 bungalow and the garden has gone from sleep, creep, and now leap! I want to trim down the leggy flower stalks for aesthetics, but letting seeds develop is more friendly for wildlife and self-seeding. So it might look a bit overgrown for awhile.

Bitty Big Blue (the Palo Verde that I planted in 2017) is finally shading the west-facing wall. This is also the second year that it has done a full bloom. Since we are not allergic, I am thinking that we need another pop of yellow on the driveway side of the house.


The flower beds by the chicken coop have grown in since February re-planting. I put up several shade tarps to reduce direct sunlight on the bare soil. But now that the hollyhocks are sending up flower stalks, I need to give it more room to grow.

Updates to work on for the HOT weather: irrigation for pots, mister for chickens, and timers for everything.

Comments