Candy Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
3/4 C Arrowhead Mills pancake mix
1/4 C Hershey's cocoa
2 T sugar
1/2 C Ghiradelli chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips, coconut, m&ms, or other candy
3/4 + 1/4 C water
2 T vegetable oil
Step 1: Label
- Write "Pancake Mix", your name, and "add 3/4 C water and 2 T veg oil" to label.
- Type up card explaining what kind of pancake mix you made, the recipe, and a note to who you're giving it to. Print out card.
- Layer dry ingredients in jar. Measure in the order given. Put lid on jar tightly.
- Stick or tie label on jar. Add any stickers, ribbon etc. Attach card and give your gift!
- Add 3/4 C water and 2 T vegetable oil to your dry mix in a mixing bowl. Stir until there are just a few lumps left. Add up to 1/4 C more water if too thick.
- Heat griddle or pan. Spray with pan spray, or melt butter or use more vegetable oil.
- Use a spoon or ladle to pour some pancake mix onto the hot griddle. Cook on one side until the bubbles stay "popped". Then flip and turn on the other side.
- Serve with syrup or butter.