Macaroni with Caper Pesto Sauce (adapted from O January 2009)
Step 1: Boil Macaroni
- Bring a large pot to boil and add 2 C macaroni to pot. Stir to separate, cook until tender.
- Pour noodles into colander and let drain.
- Chop 6 anchovy fillets, 2 cloves garlic and 3 T capers. Add 2 T pesto, if desired.
- Grate about 1 C Romano or Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Add sauce to pot to warm slightly.
- Place drained noodles in pot.
- Mix sauce and macaroni gently together, until uniform.
- Sprinkle in cheese or place on table for eaters to add their own.
- Serve immediately to 3-4 people, or chill and serve cold later.