An Objective Explanation for Why I Fly by the Seat of My Pants

I took the following Dewey Color Test (thanks, YHL!) today to see if I could learn anything new about myself. Or, possibly to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

The results were: Creator (1st) and Organizer (2nd).

I think it had something to do with a love of teal (turquoise wasn't on the list, even though it's the Pantone color of 2010 - shame!). And, a deep mistrust of the color mauve. What is mauve, anyway? (Seems like a shifty sort of 80's South-West decor trend; I remember that silhouettes of howling coyotes were involved.)

It looks like my creative, spontaneous nature likes being a teacher because I can be unstructured and flexible in my organization. Which explains why I didn't go to the staff meeting after school today (sorry!).

(Never mind that we have a calendar on the wall where all proposed activities are pre-approved and then written a yellow post-it only with the thick sharpie marker; no post-it, no go.)

Since most of the other proposed jobs are available only to older ladies who volunteer following retirement (museums, libraries and galleries) I'll stick to teaching for now. It's like a traveling circus: same show, but something different happens every day.

(I think I'm the lion trainer.)

Comments

Tucson Trekker said…
You are definately queen of the jungle!
Thank you! I'm training the cat to claw all of the boxes we currently have around the house - he'll rip them to shreds in no time.