Sweet Potato and Veggie Chili
Step 1: Clean Out That Fridge!
- Take 1/2 bottle pasta sauce, 3-4 small sweet potatoes, about 1/2 C chopped onion, and 1/2 red pepper out of the fridge.
- Remove 1 small can each of red kidney beans and pinto beans from cupboard.
- Put oven at 350 F.
- Wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and poke with fork.
- Bake for an hour or until they smell, well, sweet!
- Put the crock-pot on high and heat up beans and sauce.
- Saute onion in cast-iron pan until translucent, then add to chili.
- Chop up red pepper coarsely and add to chili.
- Open sweet potato gently with knife along long side.
- Spoon chili on top.
- Add chopped chives, plain yogurt, grated cheese, or anything else you have in the fridge!