When in Tucson...

(Love this (framed!) oil painting of a farmhouse.)
(Almost architectural en masse...)
(Look at those dainty feet!)

Shop like a local. Copper Country Antiques is one of my favorite sources for quality used furniture with affordable delivery services (like, $12-$20 for large pieces).

The dealers set up their wares in cubicle-like shops within the "mall", and the best displays have themes, like "Dwell II (as in Dwell magazine)" modern, shabby chic farmhouse, or craftsman/bungalow.

I like to take measuring tape, my camera, and measurements of a few pieces that I'm keeping an eye out for. Today I was looking for a full bed, comfy rocking chair, and small dining table.

We ended up taking home a sweet pedestal table that could always be painted white - like the Shayne Kitchen Table at Pottery Barn, currently on sale - to balance our dark couch and lamps.

Comments