This salad/pizza combo is perfect for when it heats up, and the only cooking that you want to do is in the toaster oven.
The Eggplant Tostada is only a tostada in the sense that there is a Mexican food ingredient involved. I like to think of it as more of a little pizza. It's crisp, spicy, and delightfully fresh.
Breakdown for the Eggplant Tostada:
- Medium Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas $2.49
- Red Pepper Spread $1.99
- Tomatoes (used Mixed Medley Organic) $3.49
- Feta Cheese (used Feta Lite) $2.99
- Parsley (used fresh basil from the garden) $0.00
Will I make it again: Yes, this is my new midnight snack of choice.
The Mediterranean Lentil Salad is good for a stand alone entree or as a side-dish. It's hearty, without managing to feel heavy. And, no cooking.
Breakdown for Mediterranean Lentil Salad:
- Steamed Lentils $2.99
- Tomato (used a leftover Roma) $0.00
- Fresh Parsley (combined with some fresh basil from the garden) $1.79
- Lemon Juice (used lemon) $0.39
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (had in pantry) $0.00
Will I make it again: Yes, this has summer staple written all over it. Also converts in the Vegetarian Hummus and Lentil Wrap easily.