- Pinch back about 1/2 C basil blooms, stem and all.
- Defrost frozen can of lemonade into glass jar.
- Add water (about 3 1/3 cans or according to directions) and basil to jar.
- Let drink chill and flavors blend for about an hour, then serve.
The result was a slightly sour, rather clumpy mess of DEFINITELY NOT YOGURT. Normally I'd send it down the drain (the chickens get my food waste but they're lactose intolerant - just think about that for a minute and you'll realize why), but I was feeling adventurous. I'm glad that I was.
Fresh Cheese Spread
Step One: Make Yogurt
- Follow directions for yogurt. Read a book or something and forget about the milk. Let it get hot, but not boiling over.
- Turn off heat and let milk slightly cool. Follow remaining directions for yogurt. Let stand for 8 hours.
- Investigate the next morning and realize that this is DEFINITELY NOT YOGURT.
Taste it and decide it's okay anyway.
- Line a colander with a *clean* waffle weave dishcloth, or cheesecloth.
- Pour NOT YOGURT mixture into colander.
- Let it drain on its own, or gather the corners of the cloth and squeeze if you're feeling impatient.
- Scrape off cloth and into glass bowl with lid. Top with a pinch of salt, about 1/2 T of Province herbs, and about 3 T of olive oil.
- Let sit in fridge overnight. Eat the next day with pepper crackers or fresh bread.
- Cackle at your own wittiness.