Staycation at Tohono Chul Tea Room and Park










We've returned to Tucson, but were unwilling to stop our little vacation. The Tohono Chul Park is a quick drive to a more native botanical garden with a gorgeous adobe and brick tea room. They serve high tea for $14 (as well as a separate brunch) which includes a large scone, a pot of their specialty tea (I enjoyed the Desert Grapefruit) and the lovely plate of teacakes and finger food you see above.

They have several more cultivated gardens, including the Moorish garden and the utility garden pictured above. Inside the large central building are several art works by Native artists available for prices that you don't normally see outside of Gallup, NM. I'm still drooling over the polished concrete floors and beamed ceilings...

Comments

Tucson Trekker said…
Missed you on Christmas. I tried four times but kept getting a fast busy. I'll be home Thursday evening. We can catch up with each other this week-end. PS Your photos leave me wanting to see everything for myself. Mom
We were driving back from San Diego on Christmas Day - sorry, Mom!