We subscribed to our first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) pick-up this week. Today I decided to turn the mustard greens into something appealing to us, and not just to our chickens.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking With Trader Joe's.
Greens 'n Ravioli
Step 1: De-grit the Greens
- Wash greens and set in colander to dry
- Chop into long strips horizontally (against the stem)
- Set aside
- Pour about 1 and 1/2 C of vegetable broth into pan and turn up to boil
- Cut open package of fresh ravioli (we had Arugula & Parmigiano Reggiano Ravioli) and separate pieces, then gently add to boiling broth
- Stir occasionally, uncovered for about 3-4 minutes or until puffy
- Open can of black beans, drain, set aside half and keep other half for another meal
- Turn down heat, toss beans into pan, place greens on top and cook with lid on for about 5 more minutes
- Serve hot, in bowls with thick slices of fresh bread and hard cheese