- Slice the tomatoes and the cheese.
- Chop off the "elbows", halve the loaf of bread, and scoop out the soft center (save crumbs for munching on later).
- Spread mayonnaise, then tomatoes, then cheese onto bottom half of loaf. Continue until sandwich is filled.
- Add mayonnaise to the other side of loaf, and then combine.
Step 3: Packaging
- Cut sandwich into two pieces on a diagonal, and then wrap up in a pretty napkin. Enjoy your picnic!
We took Amanda to the Tucson Botanical Gardens last Sunday for a little picnic (in the edible garden, by pure accident!).
I packed a lunch of sourdough tomato and cheese sandwiches, boxes of fruit punch, and corn chips. It was delicious.