Retro Kitchen Ideas - Wallpaper and Countertops






I'm obviously quite set on the 1940's wallpaper from Bradbury & Bradbury, and am testing out different colors of 1950's boomerang laminate from Wilsonart (it's the RetroRenovations series in red, pink, green and blue). I think all four combinations work well, but the blue and green are really cool and gorgeous without competing with that amazing floral pattern. I like how the tonal laminate just seems to add texture from a distance without screaming out "I'm retro and trendy!" The wallpaper motif is surprisingly large - I don't know why, but I was thinking of ditsy-style (as in itsy-bitsy-ditsy, maybe?) flowers.
The Bradbury & Bradbury samples were about $10 to ship, whereas the laminate was free. I'm planning on ordering the counter-top material from the Home Depot, having it shipped to my home, and then installed with a metal edging (I may order a bigger piece so that I can do the bathroom vanity counter-top at the same time) Unfortunately, my Home Depot does not know of any "old-school dudes" who can do this, so I'm asking around for handy-persons.
An additional project will be making curtains from the matching Spoonflower-printed fabric, which is $17.50/yd. This is with the intent of creating a matchy-matchy look in the breakfast area.
I've got more ideas to come, continuing with that breakfast area...

Comments