Breakfast Nook: New Dining Set!

This past weekend, while at my favorite sister-in-law's house (hi Heather!), I finally committed to a new dining set. I ordered the Retro Home Side Chair (4) in Cracked Ice Grey for $137.99 each, and a  retro dining table (1) for $219.99, both from Wayfair (see below). The chairs were similar in price to other dining chairs in the same style, but the table was much, much less expensive than I have seen elsewhere and fit my breakfast nook's tiny dimensions.

Retro Home Side Chair
Kewei Retro Dining Table
Here's what we have been eating off of for the past year:


 It looks pretty sweet and vintage - right?

But, just so we understand each other, here's the ugly truth:


Split seats, glass table-top that won't scrub clean, and a black bonus chair for when we have company that actually wants to sit down when they eat. Picky, picky.

We'll set it on the curb, and our neighborhood pickers will find it a better life. Maybe someone who actually knows what they're doing will re-paint the rusty metal and re-sew the seat cushions.

But not me... because we're getting a new dining set!!!

Comments