Winter Garden - Chicken Coop

 The Chicken Coop Yard is coming along. I dug a 4x6 garden bed for winter flowers - stock, society garlic, pincushion flowers - and plants - strawberries, golden oregano, two types of kale - to bloom next to the chicken run. This all got planted out a week ago, and now I have a few bush bean seedlings and a blue passion vine in there as well. I'm going to train the vine along the fence and over the chicken coop for some summer shade and butterflies.

 The hollyhocks are growing in full against the chain-link fence. I think that they're going to bloom again, but none of them have sent up stalks yet. They're getting quite enormous in the cooler weather. Just behind the fence, I dug up two huge clumps of feather grass that were taking over. They were, seriously, 4 to 5 feet tall and just as wide.


Comments