Easy Peach Cobbler

Amanda and I made an Easy Peach Cobbler this morning, based on a recipe from the Pear Tree Kitchen.

Basically you make a sweet biscuit mix and pour a can of fruit, juice and all, over the top.

Since I wanted to make it even easier, I used a box of cheap yellow cake mix (no dairy or eggs added), then kept the liquid ingredients the same with 1/2 C vegetable oil and 3/4 C almond milk.

I really like peaches and we also had four fresh mango lying around, so I layered slices of mango on the bottom, added cake mix to the center of the pan in a long line (it spread later, so no need to be perfect about this), and then poured a 28oz can of peaches in fruit juice on top. I drained a little bit of the extra juice, since I had wontonly doubled the amount, but otherwise I agree that is this is pretty much "No Fail."

The cake mix was super fluffy, which was a surprise. I did end up baking the whole thing at 350 degrees for 55 minutes total, just so the center cake would be cooked and golden.

Comments