Cozy Living Room Lights

 After our cats got the zoomies one day and destroyed a lamp shade, I took the opportunity to order a handmade replacement.

Unfortunately, the hardware from my old lamp base did not fit the new shade, so I had to go to Target to try on some new bases:

(I'm sure that the people working at Target *loved* seeing me take these apart in store...)

The lamp that I settled on was the speckly grey ceramic one, below. 

The lamp shade is from an Etsy vendor, and is the 10" size made with Orla Kiely fabric.

 

 











At home, I removed the accompanying shade and put it in the Goodwill pile, along with the old lamp base (yes, I could have ordered a lamp kit with a new harp from Amazon, but I waited 4 weeks for that custom lamp shade and I wanted to use it immediately!).

The corner lamp is a new purchase as well. It is the "Draper Tree Lamp" from Amazon.

I've got them both on a charging strip and switch in the bookcase (from Target, old) so we can actually have two lights at a time on in the living room.


Comments